Sunday, March 9, 2008

Two Projects Finished!

I finally finished sewing the bed skirts for the girls' beds. Hooray for being able to check something off my list! I also went and picked up Morgan's quilt. It turned out really cute--now I just need to bind it. After I get it bound, I will post a picture of it for all to see.

In the meantime, I am dying to try this quilt. A lot of it is applique or hand piecing, and I think it would be an interesting (and very challenging) way to use up some scraps, try a bunch of different patterns, and have something small to carry around with me to work on while I am waiting for kids here and there. I showed it to my mother-in-law, and she is excited to try it too. We are going to work on it together, offer each other tips, etc. However, she already has two (maybe four by now) blocks done, and I haven't even started. Oh well. I will wait until after we move, as I have a lot of projects for the house that I am trying to finish. Also, most of my fabric is over in the storage shed anyway. It will give me something to look forward to...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your crazy! It looks like a hard quilt, but it also looks fun too. Maybe I can get my one quilt done that I want to get done by August and maybe you will get three quilts done by the time I get my one quilt done. :)

Christina said...

Hey Alice, I never noticed before that you had a quilting blog...you sure are talented!!