Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dear Jane Progress


Spending 30+ hours in the car in one week, one would think I could finish more than 6 blocks, but hey, six blocks is six blocks. I think they are turning out well. These are mostly applique. The two blocks that I pieced in this set are hand-pieced, which I enjoy, but it's not my method of choice simply because of the time factor. I'm excited to try some of the machine-pieced and paper-pieced blocks. I cut the background squares for the applique blocks a little larger than the 5" finished size I needed because I know applique sometimes causes a block to shrink a little. I will trim them down before piecing them together. I wish I would have thought of this when preparing the hand-pieced blocks. I would have cut those squares a little bigger as well and trimmed them down after completing the applique on them. I think they actually turned out REALLY close to the right size, so I won't redo. Anyway, hooray for getting started!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I love the look of this quilt. It will be fun to continue to see the progress!

three pinkies said...

Cute fabrics & fun squares! It makes me want to start a baby quilt of my own! But, as you know, I have way too many projects to complete (plus scrapbooking) to even give it another thought right now, so I will just have to enjoy seeing yours.

I think sewing day needs to start again.

Becky's Place said...

Wow, another product so well done. How do you do it!! I need a new project -- you'll have to give me some ideas.