Sunday, November 9, 2008

Aprons Abound

Aprons have been really popular lately--we sell a lot of patterns and fabric for aprons of all kinds. I hadn't tried my hand at making one until this past week, when I decided to make one as a gift for a friend. In the pattern book, it said once you sew one, you will be hooked. I know several people who have made one, then another, then another.......While it was an okay project, I have to admit it is a little too close to sewing clothes for me--I'll probably stick to quilts, thanks. But it did turn out kind of pretty:







And I know (because someone very nice made me one) that it's fun to have a pretty apron to wear when you are slaving away in the kitchen. So, if you love making aprons, don't let my lack of enthusiasm dampen your desire to sew them--we'll keep the fun fabric and patterns stocked and ready to feed your addiction!

3 comments:

three pinkies said...

More cute fabric! I've been wanting to make an apron that doesn't hang on my neck- this looks like a great pattern!

Caroline said...

I will be the first to say it: THEY ARE ADDICTING! Love them.

Beck said...

very cute! maybe i would want to cook more if i had an apron like that. :)